Elder Abuse Media Expert
Attorney Steve Watrel
Attorney Steve Watrel is a natural and engaging expert interview on the topics of:
- Elder abuse
- Nursing home abuse
- How to care for aging parents
- Issues related to the aging population
- Digital trends in nursing home abuse
- Signs to look for related to elder abuse
- How to avoid elder abuse
- Adult children caring for aging parents
He will bring value to your audience by being relatable, conversational, transparent, lively, and knowledgeable. Steve is described as a combination of legal expert and media personality providing expert level insights on elder abuse while remaining relatable to a wide range of audiences.
Attorney Steve Watrel Media Bio
Steve Watrel is an A.V. rated civil trial lawyer in Jacksonville, Florida. His primary areas of practice are nursing home abuse and neglect and motor vehicle collisions. He is a long-time EAGLE member of the Florida Justice Association. He currently serves on the FJA Board of Directors and as Chair of the FJA Nursing Home Task Force, as well as Chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee. Steve also serves on the Board of the Jacksonville Justice Association and is the current President.
Steve attended college at Tulane University, A.B. Freeman School of Business and graduated with a B.S.M. focusing in finance in 1989. At Tulane, Steve was a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity. He attended law school at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York, and graduated with his law degree in 1992.
After graduating law school in 1992, Steve became a member of the Florida Bar and U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. In 1993, after one year in practice with a large litigation firm, he founded his law firm, Steve Watrel, P.A., and will be celebrating his firm’s twenty-fifth anniversary.
In 2003, Steve was selected to attend the Trial Lawyer’s College, a 3 ½ week intensive trial program held at Thunderhead Ranch in Dubois, Wyoming. The Trial Lawyer’s College was founded by famed trial lawyer, Gerry Spence, whose vision was to train lawyers for the people using cutting edge methods. He has been back to the Trial Lawyer’s College every summer to attend graduate courses.
Steve is a tenacious and passionate lawyer, who personally oversees each client’s individual case. He is committed to his community and donates a significant amount of time and resources to various charitable organizations, including Home Instead Senior Care, Seniors on a Mission, and other various senior advocate organizations.
Steve is married with two daughters. In his free time, he enjoys hiking, exercise, and traveling.
To book Steve Watrel as a media interview for your radio show, TV segment, podcast, or news article, please email April Tapp or call (800) 792-8735.
Media Mentions and Interviews
- Securing a Safe and Efficient Long Term Care Facility – First Coast Living – May 12, 2016
- Finding Reliable Long Term Care -First Coast Living – September 26, 2016
- Turning the Care of a Loved One Over to Long Term Care – First Coast Living – December 15, 2016
- Getting The Best Care In A Nursing Home – January 19, 2015
- How To Tour A Nursing Home – January 12, 2015
- Researching A Nursing Home – January 5, 2015
- When To Look For A Nursing Home – December 22, 2014
- Nursing Home Knowledge Part 1 – December 19, 2014
- Choosing A Nursing Home for Your Loved One – April 24, 2012
- How arbitration negatively affects nursing homes – July 31, 2015
Steve is the Author of The Caregivers Guide & the 2017 Nursing Home Abuse Report which have garnered media attention and have been highlighted on numerous interviews. Download each publication below.
Tulane University – A.B. Freeman School of Business BSM, Business Management 1989
Syracuse University College of Law Juris Doctor, Law 1992
- The Florida Bar
- Member | 1992
- Florida Civil Procedures Rules Committee | 2014 – present
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida | 1992
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit | 1992
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer’s College | 2003 – present
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) | 1994 – present
- Florida Justice Association
- Member, Board of Directors | 1993 – present
- Chair, Nursing Home Legislative Committee
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- Board of Governors
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Injury Board
Steve and his staff are active supporters of the programs below through fundraising, generating awareness, volunteering and even participating in events.
- Special Olympics Duval County
- Photo Albums
- Photo Albums
- The Boselli Foundation
- Photo Albums
- Photo Albums
- Nourishment Network
- MS Society
Click below to receive news releases from Steve Watrel, P.A.Receive News Releases Direct to Your Inbox Subscribe