Car accidents are one of America’s most common causes of injuries. Nearly every 10 seconds, someone in the United States is involved in an automobile accident, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Many car accidents are caused by negligence, which occurs when one motorist is careless in the operation of their automobile.
As you can imagine, large insurance companies are not very eager to pay for the full measure of damages caused by the drivers they insure, even when negligence is clear. Many insurance representatives use high-pressure tactics designed to discourage people injured in a car accident from hiring a car accident lawyer.
Some insurance company representatives tell people that they will get more money by settling directly with the insurance company instead of involving an experienced car accident attorney. Tragically, many injured people later find out that they settled for too little, and many times cannot even pay the outstanding medical bills, much less any money for pain and suffering. Some people have even end up owing substantially more in medical bills than the amount they settled for. That is why it is extremely important that you consult with an attorney who is experienced with handling car accident cases against insurance companies. Call Steve Watrel, P.A. first before you make a permanent, costly mistake. Our initial consultation is free. Even if the at-fault driver is uninsured or under-insured, there are still ways to get the compensation you deserve.
We offer services that most other law firms do not. For example, as part of the personal injury claim, we help you resolve your property damage claims to make sure you get fair value for your vehicles if it is a total loss, or to obtain a rental car if your car is repairable. Most law firms do not assist clients with their property damage claims when handling injury claims. Our law firm does this, and we do not charge for it.
Keep in mind, if you or a loved one is involved in a car accident, you should immediately:
- Stop your vehicle at or close to the scene of the accident, but try not to obstruct the flow of traffic any more than is absolutely necessary.
- Help anyone who is injured.
- Call 911 to notify the police and fire rescue. INSIST THAT A POLICE REPORT BE COMPLETED, otherwise, the other party can claim that you were at fault and later avoid responsibility.
- Obtain the names and telephone numbers of all eyewitnesses. Many eyewitnesses leave the accident scene before the police arrive.
- Get the name, address and tag number of the other vehicles involved in the accident as soon as possible.
- Photograph the accident scene, including all vehicles involved and all visible injuries.
- If you feel pain or are injured, get medical attention immediately at the hospital.
- Notify your insurance company that you were involved in an automobile accident.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. You should never speak with any representative of the other driver or their insurance company without first consulting an experienced personal injury attorney.
Whatever the severity of your injury, Steve Watrel, P.A. is available for immediate consultation to answer all of the questions you may have. We can help you handle all of the hassles and paperwork that come with getting in a motor vehicle accident.
Our ultimate goal is make sure that you have a speedy recovery and obtain the absolute best compensation possible. We believe that our track record speaks for itself. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of an automobile accident, call Steve Watrel, P.A. or submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to work together, we will proceed on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds.